immigration visa lawyer
    Law Office of Bartlett & Associates, PLLC

 Why Choose Us?

  • Experienced immigration attorneys prepare and file your case
  • Avoid costly mistakes and subsequent delays with the USCIS
  • Access to legal advice from the comfort of your home or office
  • Send unlimited case questions to your  attorney and receive timely responses online
  • Low, flat fee - No hidden costs

B-1 Visa:
Temporary visitors: for business

Business travelers may enter the United States using a B-1 visa, or “Visitor for Business” Visa. While in the US as a B-1, business visitor, an individual may:

  • Conduct Negotiations
  • Solicit sales or investment
  • Discuss planned investment or purchases
  • Make investments or purchases
  • Attend Meetings, and participate in them fully
  • Interview and hire staff
  • Conduct research

The B-1 visa applicant must prove to the satisfaction of the Consular officer his or her intent to return to his home country after visiting the United States. Under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, states:

"Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (l) or (v) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)"

Note: The most common reason for refusal of B1 visas is the applicant showing insufficient evidence of social, family or economic ties to his/her country of residence that would ensure that s/he would return there following the visit to the USA.

Note: The B-1 visa applicant should generally be applied for in a country of which he or she is a Citizen or permanent resident. Applications made in other countries run a risk of being turned down.

The following activities require a work visa and may be not allowed by a B-1 visa holder:

  • Running a business
  • Gainful employment
  • Payment by an organization within the US
  • Participating as a professional in entertainment or sporting events

Note:For those who come under the visa-waiver scheme, details of which are provided below, there is usually no need to apply for a visit visa at all if the candidate wishes to visit the US for three months or less.

If you need help! Contact us at 202-701-7326