immigration visa lawyer
    Law Office of Bartlett & Associates, PLLC

 Why Choose Us?

  • Experienced immigration attorneys prepare and file your case
  • Avoid costly mistakes and subsequent delays with the USCIS
  • Access to legal advice from the comfort of your home or office
  • Send unlimited case questions to your  attorney and receive timely responses online
  • Low, flat fee - No hidden costs

K-3 Visa Lawyer
Dual-intent LIFE Act: spouses of U.S. citizens

The K-3 visa allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen, who is waiting abroad for an immigrant visa, as non-immigrants, re-unite with their family here, and then apply for immigrant status while in the country. It is one of several immigration benefit provisions created by the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act).

Obtaining a K-3 visa is not required, however. Spouses of U.S. citizens may skip applying for a K visa and directly obtain their immigrant visa abroad from the Department of State.

The applicant of a K-3 non-immigrant visa:

  • Be the spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • Have a Form I-130 filed and pending on his/her behalf by his/her U.S. citizen spouse
  • Have a Form I-129F completed and submitted on his/her behalf by his/her U.S. citizen spouse
  • Submit a completed Form I-693 (Medical Examination) when he/she appears at the consulate to apply for the K-3 visa from the Department of State

If you need help! Contact us at 202-701-7326